About The Resourceful Community
You’re passionate about seeing your community thrive.
We’re passionate about connecting you to the resources to make that happen.
On this site, we curate conversations on topics related to strategic planning, strategic fundraising, marketing, and nonprofit leadership. We do all this through the lens of abundance.
Whether you are here as a busy staff person wearing multiple hats at your nonprofit, a neighborhood practitioner, or a dedicated volunteer at your local school or church, we hope this site will help you see what we see: that there is abundant provision for your abundant community.
Your organization is doing important work to make the world a better place. And your role is essential to that work. Thanks for letting us be a small part of it.
Subscribe to The Resourceful Community's free weekly newsletter.
- The Surprising First Step for Staying Focused on What Matters MostMost days I'm “The Multi-Tasking Masochist.” It’s as if I'm buried under a heap of boulders, but then you hear my muffled voice say, “Just one more rock.”
- 3 Essential Sources of Grants for Your OrganizationAn introduction to the three most common sources of grants for your nonprofit organizations: foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- 9 More Types of Grant AwardsIn an earlier post, I wrote about the six most common types of grant awards. Here are nine less common – but nevertheless powerful – awards that may be great for your organization.
- 6 Common Types of Grant AwardsAn introduction to the six most common type of grant awards: operating grants, program and project grants, capacity building grants, capital grants, endowment grants, and matching grants.
- How to Write a Grant: 11 Basic StepsWhere grant writing can get exciting, even fun, is in the particulars—in that space where you get to convey your passion and vision and plan in ways that make a grantmaker take notice. But it’s helpful to have an idea of what lies ahead. With that in mind, here are the 11 basic steps you can expect to take on your journey toward grant funding.